Fudge Filled Chocolate Cookies Recipe
Date Posted:9 August 2019
Have you tried this Fudge Filled Chocolate Cookies Recipe?
Trying to get rid of your left over fudge, or just want an excuse to buy some? With this Charlotte Piper Fudge filled chocolate chip cookie recipe you will never bake cookies without fudge again!
Charlotte Piper Chocolate Fudge
1 Cup Unsalted Butter, softened
1 Cup Brown Sugar
2/3 cup white sugar
1 ½ teaspoon Vanilla Extract
3 Cups Flour
2 Teaspoon Cornstarch
1 teaspoon baking powder
1 teaspoon baking soda
¾ cup Mini Chocolate Chips
- I n a bowl, use electric hand-mixer to combine butter and sugar. Beat on medium speed until well combined.
- Add eggs, one at a time, stirring well after each addition.
- Stir in vanilla extract
- In a separate bowl, whisk together flour, cornstarch, baking powder, and baking soda.
- Gradually stir flour mixture into butter mixture until completely combined.
- Stir in chocolate chips and place cookie dough in refrigerator to chill for 15 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 190 degrees Celsius and prepare cookie sheets by lining with baking paper.
- Once cookie dough is finished chilling, remove dough from the refrigerator and get your fudge.
- Use a 1 ½ tbsp-sized cookie scoop and scoop a heaping portion of cookie dough.
- Make a crater in the center of the dough with your thumb and gently press a square of fudge firmly in the center.
- Roll the dough into a ball around the center, taking care to ensure that no cracks remain and no filling is visible (add more dough, if needed).
- Place stuffed cookie dough balls in freezer and chill for another 15 minutes.
- Place cookie dough at least 2 inches apart on baking tray, and bake on 190C for 12-14 minutes or until edges are just beginning to turn golden brown.